Friday, September 18, 2009

Sylvester the Cat is at it Again!

Damn, has it really been over a month since my last blog? I really need to get it together! Sorry, Mamalicious!

As usual, when I take so much time off from writing (I kinda miss it!), the blog is going to be a bit of a hodgepodge, so forgive me for that. Also, unfortunately, it's not going to be a lot of original Mandie-written material, so much as stuff other people have written that I like, but I digress.... It should still provide a reasonable amount of entertainment.

To kick this off, I want to steer you back to a couple of old blogs from last year. School has staretd, so it is time for some school-related bloggery.

In case you're new to the blog, or just need a reminder, there is a student at my school who randomly sends me very well-written emails about these crazy shenanigans that are happening in his imagination. The first batch he sent is documented here, and the second one here.

Well, this student now walks past me daily on his way to class, and always mentions these crazy happenings, so, of course, the emails have recommenced. Here's a transcript of the first three in our dialogue so far this year. I will try to keep it updated so you can follow the story. And maybe, just maybe, that will encourage me to keep writing more often... I just gotta feel like someone actually reads it and enjoys it, and I am not just doing it to entertain myself! Haha.

Here's the first email from him -

Ms. M,

Sylvester the cat broke into your house, while you and Refugio were watching Supernanny on TV, and then, you saw him with your own eyes. Sylvester put you to sleep with a tranquilizer dart, then he took yo' car keys, and he done drove off in yo' Acura. Your car was stolen, and the fact is that John Cena is married to Elizabeth Huberdeau. They have 5 children. You were asleep for 23 hours.

P.S., Do you think Cena and the H's can get yo' car back?

-D-

My response:

D,
I can't believe that I saw Sylvester with my own eyes, and he still managed to shoot me with a tranquilizer dart and steal Refugio and my car! What a jerk! What does he want with Refugio, anyway?! And why is he picking on me? I never knew this about John Cena and Elizabeth Huberdeau. Five children is a lot! I can't believe that I slept for 23 hours. I must have been very hungry when I woke up! I sure hope that the H's can get my car back!
Ms. M

His response:

Ms. M,

Sylvester told Refugio that he wanted to keep him at his hideout. Sylvester took Refugio, and ran off to Mayfair Mall, whilst Refugio was left behind, while Sylvester went to Boston Store, and robbed a few customers of their jewelry, their money, and their diamonds. You were sleepin' fo' 32 hours due to the fact that Sylvester shot you with a tranquilizer dart. The H's were on the hunt for Sylvester the cat. Sylvester escaped with the loot, and Refugio, as he evaded the cops. You were still asleep fo' 31 hours. Sylvester was in yo' Acura, with Refugio, and he drove off to Las Vegas, and he was playin' poker with Yosemite Sam. Plus, he stole yo' Tri City National Bank credit card. John Cena was in pursuit of Sylvester, then he captured Sylvester, and got yo' car back, but you were asleep fo' 30 hours.

P.S., Cena also rescued Refugio and took him to you safely.

-D-

How creative is this kid?! I shall respond to him tomorrow.

Ok, time for the hodgepodge of sites and thangs that I am enjoying immensely of late.

In old news, I am still loving GraphJam, and Awkward Family Photos, so if you're not familiar, you should really get familiar.

Onto my new shit.

This site really cracks me up. I mean, I am truly all about making fun of people. It's terrible, I know, but it is true. I excel at it, and it really brings me joy, so when I see things online that are other people who also excel at my craft. In the same vein, I was turned on to another such site - People of Walmart. Oh, man. I never really thought I would see such an impressive selection of mutants! Lawd.

Another incredible instance of mockery is one that hits very close to home. As a lover of music, I oft am quite amused by completely absurd lyrics, particularly in rap songs. Historically (though not rap), one that always comes to mind when I think about ridiculous lyrics, is the line "we can do it 'til we both wake up" from Color Me Badd's "I wanna sex you up." What in hell does that mean? Are they sleep-sexing? Creepy. And the whole "Making love until we drown" thing? Morbid, creepy, TMI.

Another creepy one I've pondered is from Diddy's "I need a girl," where he says "We was more than a friend, we was like brothers" and then goes on to talk about them play fighting under covers. What kind of creepy, incestuous thing is Diddy desiring here? In the same song, he claims to need a girl "who can stand me, tickle my fancy..." Who can STAND you? High standards, Diddy. I hope you're tolerable, so you can get your wishes!

More recently, lyrics by the possible cause of the demise of good music, Soulja Boy (or is it Boi?), claims that after he hops out of bed and turns his swag on, that he looks in the mirror and says what's up. Well, first of all, why in hell was his "swag" (Lawd, I despise that word) turned off? I don't call mine "swag," but whatever it is that I have, I don't turn it off! Secondly, if he has so much of this swag, why is he saying "What's up?" to the mirror? Does he not have at least one friend, or member of his posse or entourage that he could say what's up to, in place of saying it to himself? I mean, come on. How depressing! AND, he tells the world about it. When did practically rapping about an imaginary friend become B.A.?

This also reminds me of JT's "Sexy Back." Ever since that song came out, I claimed that mine never left (lame, I know), and I've always loved this comic by Cyanide and Happiness....


Oh, so good.

Anyway, all that babble (damn, I really went on a tangent there!) was really just a segue to this site, which I spent hours on, and kept me awake (shocking, since apparently I am a "nocturnal being"). Enjoy!

Going a completely different route, I was quite amused by these Creepy Vintage Ads. I also encourage you to follow the links underneath that suggest things you might like, as, well, I liked 'em! They were right, for the most part!

Yeah, I told you this would be a hodgepodge. And do you really expect anything other than random from me? At this time? Come on....

Moving on...

You had to know that there were going to be some Shaq references in herrrre. Well, here we go!

A while ago, Shaq and Ben Stein did some commercials together for Comcast.

Here are some outtakes. Hilarious! Oh, how I love that man's sense of humor! Shalom!

Of course, I am sure that you remember my delight in the Shaq Scrabble Commercial....

Well, quasi-recently, I was quite pleased to see that Shaq was on Jimmy Kimmel promoting his new(ish) show Shaq Vs., and the two of them played scrabble. I love his word modifications!

Watch here and then here!

Love it. It reminds me of the ghetto scrabble games I've played in my day....

One notable game took place in St. George Island in 2005, when I went on a road trip with a bunch of friends from college. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I am pretty sure that I was one of 3 girls and like 12 or 13 dudes. Ideal, as I get a long much better with most guys than most girls.

Anyway, if you are wondering what we did aside from lay on the beach, this shot of the interior of the fridge may be an indication. I swear there was food... I remember the Prince making me French Toast!

Oh, cheap college booze, how I don't really miss you but still look upon you nostaligiacally. There is no way that I spelled that word right, but I am just gonna go with it.

Coincidentally, this was also the trip during which I was named the Princess of Armania.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures from that game...


Yeah, that's me looking fly on the left with wet hair pulled back into a bun. I don't think any of us showered that whole week, haha. The gulf took care of us! Still kinda gross.... (Ok, we showered, just not as often as normal!).

Don't be concerned that it appears that the only letters I seem to have are two i's. The Prince kept stealing me letters, enabling us to make words like "whodatis" and "datsliljonisboi" and so on. Excellent, right?!

Other notable scrabble games took place with Al and with LL, but I am currently unable to find photos, which is a shame. I really need to break out the scrabble game board again soon. It has been far too long. Who's in?

This is backtracking (and I really should just scroll up and add it to the appropriate section, but I don't feel like it!), but here's a great song & slideshow that makes fun of people.... Enjoy!

Well, I think I am going to stop there and go to bed for the evening, which may be difficult, since I took a 6-hour "nap" when I got home from school today....

But I will leave you with this - what I was listening to and loving for no apparent reason last night. =)

Hopefully, I will be updating soon with actual content - tales of my adventures, and such. I will remind you, though, that your best bet is to follow me on twitter, as I update that MUCH more often than I do this thang!

XOXO,

Mandie

5 comments:

Lady Valentine said...

I'm up for Scrabble whenever you are! Name the time and place. Sexwandeiner!!!!

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

good day bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that singular make. The prices as regards the shoes were approximately 300 pounds on every site. But completely I set this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good day ppl. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for that meticulous make. The prices as regards the boots are approximately 200 pounds on every site. But definitively I bring about this area selling them for half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were around 200 pounds on every page. But completely I found this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you tell me about these?