Friday, January 23, 2009

It's a smaaallll smaaaalllll woooooorrlllld!!!

Happy New Year! The NYE blog and blog from Manielle's Holiday Party 2k9 will be coming, once Danielle puts the pictures on facebook!

But first, I have a hilarious story to share. Those of you who have been following my blog all along, or who have read all of them will find this especially funny! And those of you who are my friends on facebook, or follow me on Twitter, you may wonder why I have been laughing so much since Thursday night. Well, here it comes!

So there has been a new bouncer/security guy at Decibel. Jeff (head bouncer) says that he's been there 6 or 7 months, but I think that is an erroneous fabrication.

Anyway, this guy has been giving me shit here and there - for example, he once (a while ago), told me that I look like Chelsea Handler. I've heard it before, but the list of people who I am not offended by being compared to is pretty f'n short. I've also heard comparisons to her personality, which to me is a little understandable, because I guess we're both sarcastic ladies.

Also, this past Tuesday, for example, he pretended like he wasn't going to let us into VIP... Nothing hugely horrible or unbearable, but he has clearly enjoyed giving me a hard time.

So Thursday night, when we got to Decibel after a night of trivia at Cush (where I sustained a troubling thumb injury - see photo below), I walked up to Jeff, who was standing next to bouncer/security guy (we'll just call him B/S for short for now, because I am sick of typing bouncer/security guy, and for NO OTHER REASON), and gave him a huge hug, as is customary. Then B/S says "Why don't I get a hug?"



Being the brutally honest person that I am, I told him that the reason he didn't get a good hug was because he is rude to me.

He apologized profusely, and told me that I am hotter than Chelsea Handler.

Then we made a bit of small talk, and he then asked LL and I if we were on facebook, which I told him we were.

He then suggested that I add him.

Now, not that it's happened before (haha, ok, it has), but I was a little concerned that perhaps I had learned his name at some point, and forgotten it.

So, I decided to try to be smooth, and asked his last name. He told me it's Stanley.

Wait, wait, wait.

Then, I had to ask his first name.

"Booker."

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!?!?!?!

If you don't know why that is completely HILARIOUS, please click here and read this blog before proceeding to read the rest.


Seriously?! Booker Stanley works at Decibel now?

Of course, I lost control of myself, and commenced hysterical laughter, which was confusing to both Booker and LL (who had forgotten the old blog).

Then I explained to both of them, reminding LL, and informing Booker, that he had stolen $3 from me many, many years ago.

He felt so bad!

Of course, he apologized profusely. He also offered to buy me drinks to make up for it!

And, also very importantly, he informed me that all of his charges were cleared - so, turns out, he is not a rapist or domestic abuser - that's a definite plus!

So then I had to call Danielle immediately to tell her what happened. She, of course, laughed hysterically, and was very glad that I told her!

Next step was to tell a few people at Decibel the story.... Shawn, Crispy... Then I wanted to go print out the blog, and give it to Booker. Well, we went into the office at Decibel, and read it. Lawd! It was so mean!

I felt awful!

When it all went down, back in 2004, I didn't really drink at all. So, the concept of drunkenly wandering off absent-mindedly was quite foreign to me. Now, after a trip to Vegas, a trip to Jo Cat's, and other various occurances, I can understand that he probably wasn't stealing my money, so much as I am sure he likely just randomly forgot or got drunkenly side-tracked, and just walked off! I was so ready to judge him as a cocky, arrogant athlete trying to take advantage of his popularity that I didn't think that there could be another possibility than him being a douchebag!

After reading it, I had to go out and apologize to Booker, of course.

Last night, after leaving Notte and Jackalope, we went to Decibel. Immediately upon entering, Booker ran up to me, and gave me $3.




Ahh, justice has been restored. =)

No comments: