Saturday, February 10, 2007

Brut brut brutality...

Earlier this week, my cousin Christine sent me a text to ask me if I wanted to meet for dinner on Friday. It was kinda strange, because Christine and I really haven't hung out in a long time, like since we were kids, other than at family functions. Well, she came to our holiday party, but I didn't really feel like we got to talk much, which was unfortunate.

Anyway, I happily accepted. I love Christine, and I am all for the idea of she and I hanging out more.
So yesterday when she got done with work, she came over and we watched Office Space to pass the time. It was her first time seeing it!
After that, we went to La Fuente. Mmmmm mmmm mmmm. I love that place. The food is just so good! And of course, we split a pitcher of rainbow margaritas. Now, I swear. When I've been there in the past, I thought they had a small pitcher or something that you could order. Like one that would serve about 4 margaritas. I don't know if they have that or not, but I do know that that is not what we got. What we got was a lot of margaritas.
We were at the restaurant for a long time. I got an inkling that Christine was drunk when she texted me from across the table to let me know the waiter was standing behind us and staring at us. Perhaps that could have been because we were there for like 2 hours because we were struggling to finish those aforementioned margaritas.

We went to the bathroom on our way out. This was hilarious, because Christine just couldn't get the electronic hand dryer to work. It was one of those that had the motion detectors. It was cracking me up. After she dried her hands on her jeans, I waved my hands in front of the hand dryer and it immediately worked.

Then we left. Decided that we would go to Murphy's because it is close to home. My home, anyway.
Guess who was working? Vitucci! I should have ran away. He provided me with a tall vanilla vodka and sprite, and a limon and sprite for Christine. She originally ordered a limon and lemonade, which I thought was funny.
Vitucci's next move was to give us each a skittles bomb, which was delicious.

Next came a shot of goldschlager. I think you see where the night is going. Toward heinosity.
Vitucci convinced us to go to his house while he changed. We were also with Josh (aka Lori - long story for another blog), and we met up with Drew. Fun times!
First stop was Buckheads. Christine's cousin on the other side, Brian, was there. It was nice seeing him, because I hadn't in a long time. He is one of those people that in my head is still like 8 years old, because most of my experiences with him are from when he was Janet's annoying little brother. In my head, he is not a law student at Marquette. Ah well.
We also ran into LP, the girl I teach with, who was with her friend Sara, as well as Noisewater.
Fun times! I had a few drinks there... And two pictures were taken. Here they are!
First, Christine and I. She's very tall, so it's weird that we are posed like this!


Next up, it's me and Vitucci...


Cut to 10:30 this morning. I wake up in my bed. I go into the kitchen, where I see my pants and underwear. No clue where my shirt or bra is.
I call Christine, because I wanted to make sure that she made it home safely. Told her I didn't remember the end of the night. She told me that I was so drunk I was falling down. I don't think I've ever been so drunk that I fell down.
I then went into the bathroom and found my shirt and bra. Then I remembered that Ousmane's game was today, and consulted my magnet on the fridge. The game was to start in ten minutes, and it was on ESPN. So I watched that, still kinda drunk, and talked to Tia on the phone for awhile.
Then I laid down for awhile.
When I woke up, I thought I would look at the pictures from the night before. That's when I realized that I my purse wasn't at home with me. Yikes.
I call Christine back to ask her what cab company we took home. She tells me that she couldn't remember, and that we were in like eight cabs. Whaaaaaat? I then asked her what bars we went to. She said Buckheads, which I knew, and Bar Louie, which I vaguely remember, and McGillycuddy's, and then she said she wasn't sure where else we were. Yikes.
So I called Vitucci. Asked him where we went the night before.
You know that the night before was good when you call someone to find out where you went while in search of your purse, and the first thing he says is...
"Do you have a pen and paper?"

Brut brut brutal.
Turns out, we were at Murphys, Buckheads, Bar Louie, McGillycuddy's, Jo Cat's, Scooters, Hi Hat, and Vox.
I had a lot of phone calls to make!

So I started calling.

Finally, I got through to Jo Cat's. Hurray! My purse was there! I was so embarrassed. I seriously considered asking where the place was located. But then I remembered that it was on Brady St.
I went to retrieve my purse. Absurd. It was my third time in Jo Cat's, yet it felt like the first, since I have no memories of the first two. When I got home, my friend Adam had written on my facebook wall something about "When are you going to stop being a ho and start dating *unnamed basketball player*? Makes me wonder if I saw him again last night, since I did see him at Jo Cat's that time after the runway show, and barely remembered it.
Still putting the pieces together!

3 comments:

DannyNoonan said...

That's a busy night. Jo Cats is one of those bars you usually forget you were at. I know I've never wanted to go there unless I was drunk to the point of forgetting.

Bashmaster General said...

Skittles shots? I feel like such the amateur by not knowing they actually exist. I officially banned Schalger shots due to the high probability of blacking out. Sounds like glorious Bashing took place, especially when late spots are blurred and good karma returns your purse.

Anonymous said...

Oh the many memories at Jo Cats. Freaking Larry!