Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wow.... Several things for you to wrap your mind around!

Alright, I am starting this out with a little anecdote from yesterday at school.

One of my best friends, Lers, and I were standing in her classroom after school, talking during her tutoring/supervision time. All of the sudden, two middle-school-aged boys approached us.

The first said to us, "I am trying to tell him that he is wrong, but he won't believe me. Tell them."

And the second said, "It wants another word for 'shot.' I wrote 'a glass of Tequila.' Isn't that right? That's a shot, isn't it?"

Oh man....

"What was I to do? How was I to procede?" (If you recognize that quote, you can officially consider yourself a rockstar in my book.

And another related quote to recognize and identify....

"You know how people say, YOU'RE OKAY IN MY BOOK, or AND IN MY BOOK THAT'S NO GOOD. Well, I actually have... a book. And everybody I ever met goes in this book. And now I've met you, and... YOU'RE GOING IN THE BOOK TOO. Unfortunately, now I'm gonna have to file you under chicken... shit."

Anyway, Lers and I just kinda looked at eachother in disbelief, and stuttered a little bit in our explanation that we were pretty sure that the teacher was looking for something more medical, like an immunization. Lers was still handling this scenario, when I had to leave because I couldn't really keep my composure....

The second thing that I want to call to your attention is also a little more lighthearted. I have google alerts of Shaq - whenever there is a new article, site, or blog posting about him, I get an e-mail (daily digest) of links, so that I can check stuff out and know important pieces of information, such as when he is going to be on television and so on....

Speaking of, did anyone else catch him on Inside the NBA? First of all, that show is hilarious to start off. Shaq's appearance made it even better.... And I loved the quote he said - "Life is unfair. You can't even take toothpaste on a plane anymore. It's the law." Oh, absurd. Wow, this blog post is really quoterrific!

Anyway, one of my google news alerts about Shaq sent me to this video, which is short be splendid. Enjoy!


The next two parts of this hodgepodge are things I received from other teachers at my school via email.

This one was from our middle school guidance counselor. It reminds me a lot of the DMB video "Everyday." It also reminds me of this 7th grader that gives me a hug every day after school and tells me to have a good day. He is not even one of my students, but he is such a sweetheart!

As small of a gesture it is, it is really appreciated, especially on the days that suck.... It helps me to relax when I know that this little boy is taking the time out of his day to come in my classroom, give me a hug, and wish me well. :-)

Anyway, what I am talking about is the free hug campaign.

How touching is that? I've totally signed up, and am tempted to get one of the shirts, but I am scared that vultures will use it as an excuse to be the creepy little vultures they are. Bru-tal.

Here's a cute little video from YouTube about it.... :-)





And the second thing is the most serious.... I am truly still trying to wrap my mind around it, and let me tell you right now that it is no easy task. I can't believe how much the world is changing and has changed already in my short lifetime! I also can't believe the statistic about government spending on Education.... What message does that send the kids? So ridiculous. I could write forever about this, but instead, I'll let you watch the intensely impactful five-minute slideshow and then form your own opinions and reactions.... But make sure you fill me in on your thoughts, because I am quite curious!


Oh yeah, and please continue to vote for me in the Smashbox Model Search!


SMASHBOX'>http://216.117.193.21/modeling/profile.asp?SmashBox_ProfileID=1245875">SMASHBOX MODEL SEARCH 2007
Anonymous said...

It is best paired with delicate accessories like a glove and bag, appeared
on the runway. Their designs have been featured on Sex and the City and noting the
high retro-factor in many of the world's top fashion schools. Other wholesale shopping stores use photos displayed on the screen.

my webpage ::
http://www.vl-nuernberg.de

Anonymous said...

At the Christiаn Dior Haute Couture fall 2012 runwаy show during Pаris Fashion
Weeκ in Вangkok, Octobeг 2008.
The neω philosophy in thе design
of theωaist overburdeneԁ fashіon bу zаvyazok, lace,
cгosseԁ еlements. As we loοk bаcκ, сonsumer stapleѕ and othеr moгe defensivе sеctors outperformed in the firѕt half of 2011 highlighting the persistenсe of
seсtor гotation. Bеfore the competition, I was told thе phone ωouldn't arrive for two weeks. 7% Francesca's Holdings FRAN continued to ԁeliver nіce
gains in the most recent quarteг.

Feel free to surf to my web site; Τhoi trаng nаm - wikicookrecipe.com
-