Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I own half of this place."

Two in one day? I know. The world might explode. Hopefully not, though, because as I mentioned, I am really looking forward to going out tonight.

Anyway, this blog might be one of those stories that you just had to be there for. But then again, it might not. You tell me.

So my favorite bar/club in Milwaukee is Decibel/DeepBar. This is not a secret. In fact, I probably go there a good 3-4 times/week. Hopefully they aren't going to start charging me rent.

Anyway, when you frequent an establishment, you start getting to know the employees at such a place, as well as other regulars.

So, Saturday, I spent the day in Chicago with Christina, a Decibel regular. It was a ton of fun, and totally random. She just called me in the morning and asked if I wanted to go to Chicago. I asked to do what, and she said whatever. We drove on down, got pedicures, went to the Art Institute, did some shopping, had a nice dinner, and fed about 5 homeless people. All in all, it was a great Saturday!

When I got back to Milwaukee, I took a little nap, and then LL and I went to Cush to say hi, had a drink (VIP treatment, too, holla! haha).... From Cush, we obviously went to Decibel. It was a good night, as usual.

Near the end of the night, we were standing by the back bar, which is where we are usually to be found, when a man.... Ok, not a man. A VULTURE came to holla. He was older, like 35 or 40.

I don't even remember him saying hi. All of the sudden, he just tells us that he owns the place.

"Oh really?!" I asked him.

He then explains that yes, he does in fact own the place.

I then told him that that was amazing, as I know all four of the owners.

He then tried to say that he actually owns half of the place, because they were having financial hardships a couple months back, so he bought it.

This was hilarious to me. I informed him that Decibel had only been open 5 months, that they were doing fine, and that there was no way he was going to convince me that he was one of the owners.

I am so mad at myself! There were so many better ways that I could've put this shameless vulture in his place, but in my shock and drunkeness, I wasn't able to.

Here are a couple examples of what I SHOULD have done.

I should have told him that I have a friend that really loves Decibel, and that he would love to meet the owner. I then should've taken this vulture by the hand and brought him straight up to one of the three owners that was there that night, and said, "________ (Dustin, JJ or Drew), I know you love Decibel, so I thought you'd like to meet this guy - he just told me he owns the place. Isn't that awesome?!"

That would've been ideal. It wouldn't have even been difficult to pull off. Damn, I am mad that I didn't do that!

Another one that would've been good would've been to ask him to identify the bartenders by first name, since I knew that it was Shawn and JC behind the bar we were nearest. That would've been awesome.

And damn, I should've asked him to comp a drink for me, to watch him talk to Shawn or JC as though he owned the place.

Oh well.

I did get some enjoyment, though, out of this.

Once the dude walked away (with his feathered tail between his legs), Shawn started cracking up.

"I heard that whole thing go down, and that shit was hilarious. That guy picked the wrong girls to say that to!"

Indeed, Shawn, he did indeed.

I can't wait to tell this story tonight....

But seriously, how shameless are some folks? I didn't even ask what the man did (I rarely do - doesn't matter that much to me), and he just offered me a flat out lie.

I wonder what he really did. Work at PDQ or something?

I guess I should look at it positively - LL and I are people that people are trying to impress, and our favorite place is somewhere that people pretend they own to impress people. Props all around, except to that douchebag!

Holla!

Lunchtime = over. Time to teach some 7th grade French Math!

1 comment:

Bashmaster General said...

Some people never know what the score is.