Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Couple Reactions to the NYE2k8 blog....

So Gib, who has graced this blog before with his addition to the Wisconsin Barbie Blog, in which he photoshopped me into the mix, reads my blogs on myspace. When I woke up this morning, I had a comment from him that was so funny, that I laughed until I cried!


Gib is a great photographer, and great friend that I've known for a few years. He's responsible for such shots as these from my portfolio....

From our first shoot, where Mark Schmudde painted my stomach to match my bikini....





From a later shoot, where Jean and I were made to look like battered women.... (Yes, my tear is real, and a big point of pride for me!)



An Army-themed shoot....



And the shoot I did where I wore the breast cancer awareness scarf as a shirt....





I guess he takes pictures of things that are not me, too. Or something. Haha. Anyway, here's his comment. Enjoy!
My bad. I horked your battery to replace the one in my smoke detector before my landlord comes in later today for an inspection. It all came down to a simple equation where one side far outweighed the other.
life safety > photo opportunity
True, as a photographer the values are often reversed. So if I'm being honest, in the present scenario the full equation looks more like this:{Gib's life safety + Gib's potential fine + Gib's desire for a hassle-free weekend} > Mandy's photo ops which are generally social and feature Mandy with her patented head tip down 7 degrees and 30 degree perspective to the camera's vertical plane.
Cush and then Ma Fischers - moving up as the night progressed, I see. The complexity and duration of your "and then" sequences never cease to amaze me. "First we had 38 shots at Walgreen's and then 8 at CVS and then 3 at Pick'n Save and then 61 at Subway and then 13 at Kinko's and then it was off to the slammer and then after mom posted bail it was more shots at breakfast and then..." You truly are getting the most from every day and every night.
Please note that I am not dissing on you. I'm honestly impressed and happy to see how much you pull from every day and social situation. :)
P.S. - Turkey vulture or Albanian vulture?

One thing to note is that after I read it to Danielle, she commented that there were way more shots taken at Walgreen's than CVS, and as such, CVS must be much more....

And at this point, she and I both completed the sentence in a different way.

She said, "upscale."

I said, "lame!"

Oh boy. Do I have a problem?
So then Danielle had to read the blog. And, of course, she commented. Here's what she wrote:
Several things:
-First...hilarious as always!
-Let it be known that I dislike champagne, therefore, I figured I'd better just drink it up and get it gone quick!
-Add one more to the list of people who don't recall pictures being taken from the Milwaukee nights photographer! Also...je-sus! Glad I look pregnant in the picture too! Yikes!
-Finally, as for your commentary from the couch the next morning...you forgot to add "I need some lotion for my feet"!
And, it only gets better. Apparently, I am on another site. www.hrdcpy.com. There is an incredibly absurd picture in which I am talking in a very animated way to a girl I swear I've never seen before in all my days. Brutality!
Anyway, just thought I'd post a follow-up! Already got word that Mamalicious is pleased with the new blog and the new year's resolutions. Hey-oh!

No comments: