Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Hoes, Hoes, Hoes, and more Shoes.

This one is going to be shorter than the others. And it lacks pictures. But I think you will survive. I wrote the bulk of that last one a few days ago and saved it as a draft, and finished it tonight. I apparently haven't gotten enough writing, so I figured I would quickly pop this one off, and then watch a movie before bed. I pretty much have nothing to do these days. Gotta love being a teacher and getting extended vacations! Haha.

So this past Friday was our staff holiday party. It's held every year at the principal's house in downtown Milwaukee. It's catered, and there is wine service, and it's very nice. Very classy.

Well, it WAS classy, until apparently one of the Special Ed teachers stated coming. He's a Badger grad (like me), which means that the man knows how to party. It is because of him that we've begun having JELLO shots at our fancy staff party. Not just a few, but 500. That might not seem like a lot, but we are a small school. There are fewer than 100 staff members, and of course, about half of the staff members attend. Of the ones that do attend, many go home early, and many are not drinkers. So yeah. 500 JELLO shots. Kind of a lot!

Last year (my first year)'s highlight was doing a jello shot with the principal, who has her doctorate, and is just one of the most fly ladies I've ever seen. It was also pretty cool to see a lot of the teachers hammered. I felt like I didn't belong. I am much younger than most of the staff at our school, so I kinda felt like a student, like I shouldn't be there... Like... Look at all these adults acting crazy!

This year, I felt like I fit in better. I didn't get as drunk as I did last year (so I abstained when the Persian rug became a dance floor), but I definitely felt more comfortable.

Highlights of this year? Jello shots with L (one of my favorite co-workers). I swear we did like ten of them, and had huge talks about the flavors and about how we could build a Math, Science, and Social Studies curriculum about Jello Shots.

Another highlight was when one of the teachers (who was tipsy from a half glass of wine) started singing into the lint roller that she had in her purse. Why did she have a lint roller in her purse? Because she's a teacher.

And finally.... One of the teacher's wives was there. She was wearing a teeshirt that said "What's on my holiday list? Shoes, Shoes, Shoes, and more Shoes!" She was also wearing a blazer, though... And to my humorous pleasure, said blazer covered up three of the S's. So when I looked, her shirt said :

What's on my holiday list?
HOES
HOES
HOES
and more shoes!

Oh, too funny. L and I almost died!

Ok, off to watch "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" for the first time and then go to bed, but before then, I leave you with the question...

Would you rather have a written lisp, or fizz up like alka seltzer whenever you were in water?
(Things to consider: Thwimming!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You obviously are unaware of the audio capabilities of a lint roller.