Saturday, December 23, 2006

The sky is falling! Nope, just a chicken wing.

So, Wingding Wednesday... A little background. This summer was the summer of Brother's in Madison. I practically lived there. I was honestly there 3-5 nights a week (Wednesday through Saturday, with random Tuesday's after flip night at Brat's thrown in). Why Brother's? Well, it started out as boy chasing. No elaboration planned on that one! Then we realized that they play amazing music... most of the time. THEN we became friends with the staff, and the rest is history.

Wingding Wednesday is the best night of the week, if you ask me. So good that twice since September, I have gone there afterschool and come to school the next morning. Yes, an hour and a half, hungover at six a.m. Brut brut! The reason this night is so fantastic is that they have delicious wings for only ten cents each. AND, Captain mixers are 2 for 1. The Captain and I... We are great friends. Sometimes enemies, but as they say, there's a fine line between love and hate.

This past Wednesday, we went up because Danielle just finished her first semester of graduate school. She had been living in the library and clinic constantly. She needed to get out, and where's a better place to do such things than at Brother's in Madison?

During the summer, we kinda assembled a group of girls. Weird for me, because normally I hang out with all guys. This has been working well, though. Well, the five of us hadn't hung out since Halloween. Here's a pic.



Here's the scoop. We were shots. Well, all of us except Jamie. From left to right... Danielle, my awesome roommate. She was a kamikaze. You can't see it, but her shirt says "READY TO DIE." Next is Mara. She's a Jolly Rancher. Lisa's in the middle, and she's a redheaded slut. I'm a dirty girl scout. I put fake dirt all over me, wore knee-high socks, and my skirt is pretty short. Jamie was a pumpkin. I know. LAME! The four of us who were shots wore name tags that had our ingredients on them. And of course, we did all of the shots we were dressed as throughout the night.

So anyway, this Wednesday was a reunion of the five of us... The five of us have somehow became "Derek's Angels" because Derek (Jamie's boyfriend) created a facebook group and invited only the five of us. Bru-tal. So yeah. We were finally all back together. Yay!

I decided that I was going to "take it easy" this night, since I had to teach the next day 90 miles away. My friends were having none of it, especially Ross. Here's a couple shots (two of nine that he insisted on taking that night) of Ross and I... He just kept lining up the captain and diets in front of me!!!



So yeah. I had more than a little Captain in me. And I also had the pleasure of running into a few people from my hometown (name withheld - of the hometown and the people I ran into!)...

It was absurd.

Many wings and rounds of Captain ensued. It was Derek's (the one who is apparently in charge of the Angels, who are doing a photoshoot together within the next month) birthday, so at night, I introduced everyone to my good, dear, old friend Pat Ron.

Here's a shot of the five of us re-united...



Yes, cute little Danielle is definitely standing atop something. This is one of very few pictures you'll see of her being taller than anyone over age 8. And if you're focusing in on my playboy armband, allow me a few moments to explain. I stole it from Rob, one of the bouncers at Brother's the last time I was there in November. No, I have no idea why. But I did accidently wear it to a go-see the next morning with a lingerie designer, with my hair still wet from being in the hottub until 8 am. Thank God she also happens to be one of my best friends!

The night rolls on, and vultures swoop. I am told to "b strong." And that is just what I did.

One incredibly absurd guy was just dancing up a storm. It was hilarious. He was also singing without abandon. We did a couple duets.

Then I found a guy who looked exactly like Jamil Lott. Except he was about 18" shorter than Jamil, and probably brushed his teeth about 63% less, because he really had terrible breath. I can think of few things that I regret more than talking to this guy about how he looked like Jamil. I clearly wasn't trying to hit on him. Just wanted him to know that he looked like Jamil. Couldn't I have just said that, and him said "ok" or "thank you very much" or something like that and have both of us move on with our lives? Apparently not.

Anyway, so I am standing there and texting (shocking, I know), when as if from nowhere, a chicken wing lands on my phone. And another on my arm. Someone had apparently bumped into a guy who was walking past me and carrying a basket of wings, sending several wings flying in many directions, covering me, my phone, and other surroundings in the sauce (which, for the record, contains no cheese). At this point, one of the friends I had run into from my hometown, apparently sees that his girlfriend has had a wing land on her head (brut brut!) and decides that the best option is to beat the guy carrying the wings' ass. So there is a huge fight right next to me. Table gets knocked over, I'm covered in beer and wing sauce, many glasses and bottles broken. Just bru-tal. Thank God for Pete and Dan swooping in and breakin it up, and apparently ripping my friend's jeans off in the process. My first instinct was to break it up, which is what I do at school... Then I realized that these were not middle school children (who are also larger than me, but not by as much of a degree as these grown men... Well... That is actually questionable).

Here's a couple pics of the wonderful staff at Brother's and I...






That's Curti. He's probably one of my best friends... I'll be posting the story about the night we met sometime soon - it's a good one! Just gotta get around to pasting it over from MySpace...






That's Pete and I. I call him "Pet" because when I was first putting him into my cell phone, that's what I typed in, and it stuck!



That's Rob. His legendary armband is wrapped around my leg, and we thought we'd take a picture of it before I gave it back to him!

There wasn't much to the night after the fight was broken up... Little Dan was kicking us out, which was obnoxious... I paid my tab, and Danielle took me to McDonald's and then to Mara's. How brutal is it that McDonald's has a special "middle of the night" menu that serves double cheeseburgers, but not singles? All I want is a single cheeseburger. Ok, all I want is actually two single cheeseburgers and some fries and a drink. But those bastards in the McDonald's in Madison (we went to three the night that I stole Rob's armband!) will not give it to me.

Then D and I went back to "Hotel Mara." Mara was so amused by my footie pajamas (which LL calls "Teletubby pajamas, because I apparently look like a teletubby when I wear them) that she had to take four pictures of me in them in front of her Christmas tree - here's one...



For the record, it was those footie pajamas that I wore back to Milwaukee the next morning... I didn't have it in me to put on real clothes just yet. I did, however, put on my boots over the pj's... I ended up taking one off, though, because I couldn't zip either of them, and the left one just kept dragging on the ground! I didn't want my precious new boots to get destroyed, so I thought that carrying it in my arms would be a good call. I am sure that I was a sight to behold to construction workers when I walked past in that state! They definitely gave me strange strange looks! Oh well... Life goes on!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are just a magnet for violence. I seem to remember since I have known you I have been in like 64 fights and had 87 black eyes. I want to check out those footy pajamas!